Design and Install
Do the bulk of your training ONLINE at your own pace in your own space!
This course is designed for electricians who already hold an electrician’s qualification or who satisfy the prerequisites of this course, and wish to further their skills by gaining a qualification to design and install grid-connected photovoltaic systems.
A professional tradesperson does not have the time to spend hours and hours in a classroom, which is why this course is perfect for the busy tradies!
The Grid-Connect Photovoltaic Systems Design and Install course has been split into two manageable components.
- Online self-paced training that you can do at home in your own time with tutor support.
- Two days face-to-face training in our practical training facility in Peakhurst, Southern Sydney.
Benefits – Safety First! Get your Working at Heights training FREE with this course! (Value $299)
- Online training- study at your own pace in your own space
- The ideal pathway to earning your CEC Accreditation*
- Build your business scope, don’t miss out on the solar boom!
- Get your Working at Heights Training FREE with this course (value $299)
*Additional training day required
Who is eligible for this course?
The target learner group is licensed electricians who wish to upgrade their skills and achieve Clean Energy Council accreditation* in order to enter the rapidly growing solar industry.
Electrical apprentices in their 3rd or 4th year of an Australian Apprenticeship are also permitted to enrol, provided they have completed the prerequisite units.
A majority of new learners have already been working in the solar industry under supervision, while some learners are experienced electricians but new to solar.
Students will receive a Statement of Attainment for the Units of Competency:
*The Clean Energy Regulator expects to announce a new accreditation scheme operation (ASO) in late February 2024.
Course nominal duration is 180 hrs made up of online assessments, design task and 16 hrs of face-to-face training that’s delivered over 2 consecutive 8 hour days at our training facility in Peakhurst, Southern Sydney.
Before you can start the practical face-to-face component of this course you must successfully complete 60% of the online assessments. Face-to-face training dates are subject to maximum and minimum numbers and placement cannot be guaranteed until you have been adequately deemed eligible.
Practicals are held on an on demand basis and are subject to minimum and maximum student numbers.
An unrestricted electrical licence issued by an Australian state or territory is a prerequisite for enrolment in this course.
Electrical apprentices may enrol in this course, however they will need to wait until they are issued their unrestricted licence before being awarded a Statement of Attainment OR show they have completed the prerequisite Units of Competency or equivalents in their studies already:
- One of:
- UEEEL0039 Verify compliance and functionality of low voltage general electrical installations
- UEERE0051 Apply electrical principles to renewable energy design
- UEEEL0012 Install low voltage wiring, appliances, switchgear and associated accessories
Students are supplied with the publication Grid-Connect PV Systems Design and Installation 8th Edition as part of enrolment; the cost of the publication and shipping is included in the course price. Students are responsible for obtaining current copies of the following Australian Standards, available for purchase from the SAI Global website or Techstreet website, and also available from some libraries, institutions and industry associations such as NECA:
- AS/NZS 5033 – Photovoltaic arrays
- AS/NZS 4777.1 – Grid connection of energy systems via inverters
- AS/NZS 3000 – Wiring rules
- AS/NZS 3008.1.1 – Selection of cables Part 1.1
Students will also require the following:
- Computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Scientific calculator
- Email account, checked regularly
As a registered training organisation (RTO) Training Up complies with the Standards set out by the regulator, the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), for Vocational Education Training (VET).
Training Up will inform students within 30 days of any changes to services provided to them. This includes any changes to education and support services, any change in the RTO ownership or to third party arrangements.
Training Up maintains an adult workplace. We do not countenance any behaviour that is contrary to safe work practice. We do not countenance inappropriate language in all forms of communication. Training Up asks that all persons treat others with respect.
Cheating will not be tolerated. If detected, sanctions may be implemented at the discretion of Training Up. Students are required to ensure that all responses and/or work they submit is their own work. Any referenced material should be annotated as to its origin. Sanctions may be implemented at the discretion of Training Up if plagiarism or fraud is detected, including revocation of certification.
All Training Up course participants have the right to appeal the results they obtain in assessments and examinations. The appeal should be sent in writing to the RTO Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who will review the result and respond in writing. Training Up may use mediation and conciliation to resolve the complaint. Students also have the right to engage a suitably qualified independent assessor.
- If the student’s Learning, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) levels are determined by Training Up to be below the standard required to complete the coursework successfully, and the student has not yet submitted coursework for assessment, Training Up may offer a full refund of the online course material and practical training component. If the student then opts to continue with the course, the standard cancellation and refund policy applies.
- Cancellation of online training courses made within fourteen (14) days of the date of payment AND before the online course has been accessed: the student will receive a full refund of the online course payment.
- Cancellation of online training courses made within fourteen (14) days of the date of payment AND after the online course has been accessed AND before any coursework has been submitted for assessment: the student will receive a refund of the online course payment less a cancellation fee of $440, unless the value of the course is lower than this, in which case the student will receive no refund.
- Cancellation more than fourteen (14) days after the date of payment OR after the first coursework (i.e. the Workplace Health & Safety Assessment) is submitted for assessment (whichever occurs first): the student will receive no refund.
- All course refunds are exclusive of the price of the supplied course publication as advertised at the time of enrolment, unless the publication is returned to Training up in an undamaged and unused condition. Training Up reserves the right to refuse a refund of the publication on the basis that goods are damaged or have been used prior to return.
- The cost of an online training course is inclusive of the Practical Training Component (if applicable), as are course refunds.
In accordance with the Australian Quality Framework, Training Up is committed to providing a quality recognition process to all students that is:
Training Up will on request engage in a recognition of prior learning evaluation. Training Up does not offer entry level VET sector training.
Successful completion will result in the award of a Statement of Attainment in the following Units of Competency:
- UEERE0054 – Conduct site survey for grid-connected photovoltaic and battery storage systems
- UEERE0061 – Design grid-connected photovoltaic power supply systems
- UEERE0080 – Install photovoltaic power conversion equipment to grid
- UEERE0081 – Install photovoltaic systems to power conversion equipment
*The Clean Energy Regulator expects to announce a new accreditation scheme operator (ASO) in late February 2024.